St Bees Railway
- Extension to the existing St Bees Loop further south by approximately 285m in length. This extended loop is required to ensure that a train is able to stop within the extended loop, whilst another NuGen charter train or scheduled train passes through St Bees.
Corkickle to Mirehouse Railway
- New loop comprising of a new section of rail track laid alongside the existing track between Corkickle and Mirehouse, approximately 3.2km in length.
- Dedicated Moorside worker rail platforms at Corkickle and Mirehouse.
- Proposed public platform at Mirehouse.
Moorside Site Railway
- Access from the Cumbria Coast Line into the Moorside Site from the north and south.
- New stretches of rail, includes re-use of a disused branch.
- A new viaduct over the River Ehen.
- Worker rail platform and platform canopy/buildings.
Whilst NuGen’s transport strategy is sea and rail-focused, the Moorside Project will have an affect on the road network. NuGen intends to manage this as far as possible to utilise off-peak capacity, but has, at this time, identified the potential for road improvements at a number of locations.